City Chicken With Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb pork cubed
- 1 lb beef or veal cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Alternate skewering pork, beef, pork, beef an each skewer
- Make an egg wash mixture from the 2 eggs and milk
- Season the bread crumbs in a different bowl with the seasonings and bread crumbs.
- Dip the skewers into the egg mixture then coat with bread crumb mixture
- Let rest for 10 minutes
- I air fry the city chicken on 400 for 12 minutes rotating half way through but you could also fry in a skillet until golden brown.
- Place the fried skewers in a 9×13 baking dish on top of a rack. Pour 2 cups of water in the dish.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for 10 more.
Asiago Mashed Potatoes
- 5-6 Yukon Gold Potates
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Heavy Cream / Milk to texture
- Peel Potatoes and cut to a thick dice
- Boil potatoes in stovetop pot in salted water until potatoes are fork tender
- In a large mixing bowl place 3 tablespoons butter, potatoes, cheese and garlic powder
- Mix with a hand mixer until desired consistency adding milk/cream as needed