Cream of Jalapeno Soup w/ Jalapeno Cornbread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1large onion, minced
- 1large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1large green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 jalapeno chilies, seeded and finely minced
- 1cup grated swiss cheese
- 1cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy pan over low heat. Add flour and stir 3 minutes. Mix in stock and cream.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet over low heat. Add onion, carrot and green pepper. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Mix in jalapenos.
- Add both cheeses to cream mixture and stir until melted. Mix in vegetables. Season with salt to taste and serve.
The Jalapeno Cornbread
2 Boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
2 Large Eggs
2/3 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Diced Jalapenos
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Mix all ingredients together and prepare corn muffins as instructed on the box
For a Softer Muffin use 1 Can Creamed Corn instead of milk